Sunday, May 30, 2010

Running Report

Last week I managed to get to the gym FOUR TIMES! Break through! I don't care that one of them was 15 minutes as the gym was closing; when I'm new at something, it's more important to take steps as little as I need to, as long as the habit-forming is taking place.

Last Sunday was my birthday and I finally turned 27. Woo! Now I can stop pretending to be 27 (I spent all last year pretending to be 27, as I much prefer its aesthetics over 26). But even on my birthday, I didn't skip -- what would be the point? People seemed to think that my birthday would be a great day to laze about, but I'm really glad I went. My birthday wasn't an easy day for me, so really kicking my ass at the gym -- going longer and harder -- made me strong enough to handle the day with grace.

Well, I'm dressed up in my shortshorts again -- time to get back out there! Yesterday I ran 3k in 33 minutes with a handful of SPRINTS in the middle (oh reader, you have no idea how much I thought I was going to die and/or fall off the treadmill). So today I'm taking it a little easier on my 27-year-old self.

But not too easy -- I've still got a lot of growing to do. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment