Monday, April 26, 2010

Running Progress

The last two weeks, I've gone to the gym twice each week for twenty minutes, jogging at speed 4 (4 miles an hour? 4 km an hour? Arbitrary 4? Who knows!). Which is good. Which is more than I was going last year, which was not at all. So good for me.

I now seem to have a new habit: going to the gym twice a week, on average.

I like this. I want to go more. I intend to go every day this week.

I will report back on how this goes. I expect the most difficult day to be Wednesday, after my date with my man -- I foresee it being difficult to leave those arms at the crack of dawn. Let's see how strong I am! :D

---

Oh, and I've dropped the 30 Day Challenge. I wanted to set a big goal, but it was getting emotionally demoralizing to keep falling back to Day 1 over and over. Now that I'm actually going to the gym, I just want to feel good about my progress and to keep pushing myself a little bit every day to grow more and more. Restarting the number felt like going backwards, felt like running in circles, when where I want to be going is linearly forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment